The Busselton Margaret River Airport Noise Management Plan (NMP) 2019 was implemented in accordance with Ministerial Statement 1088 approved by the Minister for the Environment on 27 December 2018.
Ministerial Statement 1088 requires the City of Busselton to undertake a review of the NMP within three months of each three year period, from the date of implementation and to submit a report to the CEO which reviews the effectiveness of the NMP, including the following;
1) Noise monitoring results;
2) Noise amelioration assessments and/or implementation;
3) Number of complaints received and actions taken to resolve complaints;
4) Published flight paths to minimize impacts; and
5) Consider the findings of the review to determine the effectiveness of the NMP and determine whether amendments to the Plan are required.
The City of Busselton has undertaken a review of BMRA NMP (2019) and the draft Noise Management Plan (2022) was presented to Council on 8 December and endorsed for public comment. For information relating to the review visit the City of Busselton website Minutes of Council – Wednesday, 8 December 2021
The City of Busselton is inviting public comments to the draft Busselton Margaret River Airport Noise Management Plan (2022) commencing;
Tuesday 4th January 2022 closing on Friday 21st January 2022
Submissions received will be considered by Council prior to a final draft Noise Management Plan being provided to the Office of the Environmental Protection Authority.
Further information including a copy of the Draft BMRA Noise Management Plan (2022) is available at www.yoursay.busselton.wa.gov.au with limited hard copies available to view at the Busselton Library – Stanley Place Busselton.
Lodge your submissions via:
- ‘Your Say’ on the City’s website
- By email to: City@busselton.wa.gov.au
- By post to: Chief Executive Officer, City of Busselton, Locked Bag 1, Busselton WA 6280